Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Siena - How I Love Thee So Dearly.


Yeah I live here. No big deal. We got to go on top of this beautiful tower and overlook the whole city center. It's the tower of the oldest active bank in the world. Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena - a ridiculously beautiful building. I guess when you're a bank you can afford to have a beautiful building. But the view from the top of the tower was truly breathtaking. You don't get to see the city like that ever, really. I love stepping outside things like that sometimes and pinch yourself. It's moments like that where I say to myself. Oh yeah - I live here. Another reminder that I know how lucky I am - just going to throw that in here. It's funny because when we see beautiful views like that, we always say to the people in our group things like "Why are you taking a picture of that? That's not even that pretty?" or "Psh, why did we even come here, this is so ugly!" And we all just laugh because we all know how untrue that is. LOVE it.


And here's Marie and I at our beloved bus stop right by our house. Almost every day we await the number 10 bus that is usually always late - except of course on the days when we're running just a minute or two late and it decides to come on time. I love how many people they cram onto a bus. I also love that they don't think to just have 1 more bus come. Like instead of having a bus come every 30 minutes, add one bus, and have one come every 20 minutes. This bus would be less crowded that way. Marie and I decided that there's no way we're leaving Italy without a picture of our bus with all the people on it in the morning. It's awesome. I'm sure that people who live in New York or Chicago know what it's like to be crammed into some form of public transportation, but we don't really have that in good old Lake Elsinore. So it's new for me. There are many more things I could say about the bus system, but I will leave that for another time. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. ooh, looking forward to that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah no big deal you live there....hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went and saw new moon twice i have to say this past weekend. your party animal sister went to the midnight showing and then the 7 pm showing. the buildings were beautiful and remind me of this photo.
    love you,
    ann

    ReplyDelete