Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chinese???



Here we are getting away from Italian food for the first time. That's right, Chinese food in Italy. I don't really recommend ever doing that though..... It wasn't too bad, but to us it tasted wonderful because all we've eaten for the last 2 months is panino after panino after pizza and after pasta. Like I said before - the 3 P's. I've calmed down on the gelato a bit, but in the beginning, not so much. I won't even tell you how many I've eaten - yes I have an active and growing count. Live it up, right? At least that's what I tell myself.
Anyways, we went into this kinda sketch Chinese food place, but we felt hopeful because it was run by actual Chinese people. It's just not the same when you hear them speaking Italian though. Kinda takes away from the ambience. Oh well, what can you expect. But it was just funny when they ushered us into this side room where there were table clothes over those huge freezers, you know the ones that people stick dead bodies in? Ok, bad description of the freezers, but I didn't know how else to describe them. Plus, it adds to the sketchiness of the place. So ate random Chinese food there. I was a little ticked when I saw that there was no orange chicken. What kind of Chinese food place doesn't have orange chicken? Oh I know! The kind that's in Italy. Oh ok, got it. Needless to say, I'll be having lots of food that's not Italian when I get home. Mainly MEXICAN!!!! Oh what I wouldn't give for a burrito or some fajitas, or really just anything with some pinto beans or guacamole or salsa. Anything Mexican. Oh how I miss you!!! I'm also excited for some Yard House when I get home. Mom, don't forget that we're going there. Preferably night 2 or 3 that I am home. Ok, just a little reminder. Thanks, Love you :D

2 comments:

  1. Hah, that is a bad description but it's just as well, you always were a bad wisher... :) that really has no correlation it just popped into my head and I knew it'd make you laugh. Anyways, I can't wait to eat all the food in the world with you! Get ready for Los Jilbertos, because here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so seriously you ate chinese food on a table made out of a freezer?

    ReplyDelete