Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Finally Here!!!

So today I received my mission call for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been called to serve in the Switzerland Geneva Mission speaking the French language. I will be leaving for the Provo Missionary Training Center on March 24 and will arrive in Switzerland about 2 months after that.

I really cannot express what it feels like right now. It hasn't totally sunk in yet, so I'm still getting used to the thought. I really can't put into words what's going through my mind right now. I really only have three for you right now: humility, happiness, and peace. I feel so humbled that the Lord would trust me with this privilege and opportunity. I really never thought I would be here. And now that I am, I am brought to my second word - happiness. I am SO happy to be spending the next couple years dedicated to preaching the true gospel of Christ. I believe it with everything that is within me, and I can't wait to share that with the people of Switzerland (or France, or Luxembourg, or even a little piece of Belgium). And I feel such peace with this assignment. I can't explain how much it just feels right. It fits. And I don't know how or why, but I've just felt peace since I saw that that's where I'm going. What a wonderful opportunity I have ahead of me. And I can't wait to get started. Too bad it's 5 months away. When I can articulate my words a little bit better, I will try again. But for now, I leave you with this. I hope you will pray for the spirit to be with me as I prepare for this incredible journey ahead. I love you all so much and thank you eternally for supporting me through my life. You are wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth!!!!! That is so exciting. I was in dance when you called and was so sad I missed it :( But I am sooo happy for you! You will be awesome. And French is such a beautiful language, I am kind of incredibly jealous! :)

    Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited for you! Still in shock a little bit! When you read your call I of course got emotional...It was such a thrill to hear you read where the Lord would be sending you. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how i knew, i just can't tell you. i just knew! mike has been making all these plans to come see you in switzerland when you are done. he has priced out plane tickets, villa rentals, hotels, apartment rentals, etc. i will reap all the benefits of his research. he has also started french lessons on the computer. he's hilarious. i love it!
    ann

    ReplyDelete