Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Go Ahead And Hate Me For Hating The Devil's Holiday

That's right, I said it. And I'll say it until I die. I hate Halloween. Go ahead and say that I'm not fun, or that I'm a grinch, whatever. I don't care. I just don't like it. And I don't really ever remember enjoying it. I don't really like getting super dressed up, so that doesn't help. Well, everybody thought I was lame because I didn't want to dress up, but I didn't really care. I went to the branch Halloween party and had just as much fun as anybody else.

It was funny though because my friend Marci didn't really dress up either, but she put her scarf on her head and she totally looked like a gypsy. So we gave her a plastic cup and put a bunch of 1 euro cents in there and she went around begging. I have a bunch of awesome pictures of her, but I love this one of her counting her change. It makes me laugh every time.

Kaitlin, oh how I love you! She seriously surprises me everyday. I love hanging out with her, I always know I'll have a good time and I'll always be laughing. She was the girl from the WWII poster - "We Can Do It." And holy cow does she have the perfect arm for it. She's so stinkin' buff. She's hard core. I love it. I think she's probably the most consistent athlete. She exercises everyday. I wish I were that good. But I love her.

Guess who that is. Yeah... it was one of the Elders. A little bold for Italy, don't you think? He's funny though.

This was just one of the activities that we had at the party - shaving a balloon. That little boy in the picture doing it, is seriously so adorable. And it only makes him cuter when he starts going off in Italian. I wanted to wrap him up and put him in my pocket. I adored him.

This is just the front of the church location. It's a small location, but I love it. And it's perfect for their needs. They have a pretty small congregation - well minus us. And their primary (without our director's kids) consists of about 3 little ones. Maybe 4. Not sure. But I love the ward here. Everybody is really nice. But it was fun to have this little festa with the branch and just have a church activity. Haven't been to one of those in a while. So I enjoyed this Halloween. No big complaints from me this year. I still don't like it though. Just FYI.

3 comments:

  1. When I saw that picture of Marci, I thought to myself, "wow, she looks like a gypsy!" Haha! And holy moly, you're friend Kaitlin has some serious control over her orbicularis oris! AMAZING. I know how much you hate Halloween but I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you hate halloween? as much as you dislike sea creatures? you crack me up with your pet peeves and opinions....i have never been a fan of halloween until now with my kids....maybe you will like it one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so a few things wrong with this post. #1 i have to completely disagree with your claim that you don't like to dress up. i have seen you and the lombardi bottomline dress up in more 80s and other era gear than i think you would care to remember. #2 the elder in the nun costume, really, cross dressing rules don't apply in italy and #3 allowing a little boy use a razor. wow liz, halloween is bizarr-o in italy ;-)

    ReplyDelete