Monday, October 19, 2009

Positano and My Host Family

Ok, so here's the town I REALLY wanted to see. Positano. And there is a reason why it is so famous. Hello, because it is absolutely beautiful. And I realize that I saw that all the time - but remember where I am people. That's right. One of the most beautiful places on earth. But I have discovered some not so beautiful parts of Italy - Salerno for one of them. Our host parents are from Salerno and took us there a couple weekends ago. Which was so incredibly generous of them, and we enjoyed it. But Salerno is deceivingly beautiful from far away. Close up, it is dirty and super sketchy. We didn't really like it at all (Marie and I, that is). But on the way home to Siena, we drove all the way up the coast from Salerno to Naples. It was a gorgeous drive. So we stopped in Positano - SO happy about that.

So there's the view and then here's a picture of Marie and I in front. Oh my word, I loved it. I was also thinking of "Only You" the whole time. "Four hundred dollars from the La Sirenuse Hotel in Positano? Where is Positano? Mexico? - ITly. My wife's in ITly? What's she doing in ITly? Who's in ITly?" Anyways, I was thinking of Daddy :D

Here's just a cute picture of a restaurant I would've really liked to eat at. Amazing view.

I saw this and I just HAD to take a picture of it :D It was a clothing store with the same name as Mom. I thought it might be fate telling me that Mom and Dad will once own a villa in Positano ;) ;) Hint, Hint! Yeah, that would be amazing.

So here are Alberto (15) and Giuseppe (12) - I seriously love them. I just adore Giuseppe, he is so cute. I think I'll try and record him talking some time. You would die, it's Italian. I love it.

Boys will be boys, I guess. Right?

Then here's Benny, Giuseppe, and Alberto. I LOVE this family. They are so kind to us and treat us so so well. I seriously feel so grateful to them for everything that they do for both Marie and I. They're so kind about everything. We really lucked out with the host family. We definitely got the best one :D

1 comment:

  1. WOW LIZ. This is incredible! Yes as you can tell, I've been catching up on your blog, but I have enjoyed talking with you on Skype to get first hand stories too. Hope you are not stressing out about your papers. Everything will work out. Remember your post about mylifeisaverage.com Find the sense of humor, you know I'm talking to myself too right?:-)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete