Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Internet Is My Quasi-Friend

I've been waiting to update my blog for when I can post some pictures... but I'm not exactly sure when that will be. Marie and I are among the lucky ones in the whole group that actually have internet at our house. And it works great, except for that for some reason it won't let us post pictures to our blog. So the only other place where we can try it is at the school. Except for that the school's internet is completely unreliable. Especially since all the other girls are on it because that's the only place they can get it for free. There's internet cafes, but who really wants to pay a euro or euro fifty to use the internet. So all you get are my lame words to read for now.
This last weekend we went to Cinqueterre. There are many words to describe, but the 1 that's screaming in my mind is GORGEOUS! Oh my word, it was beautiful! We went on this incredible hike in between all the towns (ok, so I almost just started talking in Italian, which I guess is a good thing). Anyways, the hike took us about 5 1/2 hours. That was including rest time, eating lunch, and of course, taking a million pictures. Which I will post (hopefully soon) with some more explanation of our amazing 2-ish days there.
Right now I'm putting off Italian homework that I never seem to really understand. I'm in a class that's kinda over my head and I'm trying to stay above water, but sometimes I just get so frustrated. But I'm working on it. So usually what I do is, do all I can do before I want to die and then get to school 30 minutes early and work on it with my genius friend Annie. She seriously is amazing, I love her. She saves my life daily. And she's hilarious, so that always brightens my day. I love how Heavenly Father totally places people in your life for several reasons. She is definitely one of those people. So thank you!
This last week has been really challenging. I've been super homesick. Which I didn't really think I would suffer from just because I'm in Italy. But this experience has made me realize many things, one of them being just HOW much I love my family. I always knew, but I guess after spending an entire summer of hanging out with just the fam, I'm really missing them all. A ton. But I know that I am in one of the most amazing places in the world and I shouldn't be sad. Which it's not like I'm moping around or anything, but I guess what I'm trying to say is: Mia famiglia, I miss you TONS!!! So always remember that :D I'll hopefully post something new soon. LOVE YOU!!!!

3 comments:

  1. We miss you so much too! I feel bad that every time you call my kids are screaming in the back round. I am so happy for you, that you are able to have this adventure in life! I can't wait for you to come home and teach me a few Italian words and cook me some yummy pasta by scratch! I'm glad you are having fun! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz if you email me your pics I can try and add it to your blog if you want. We played another round of Juliet handing me the play cell saying, "it's liz mommy...and then I smile at her and she says in her bossy way TALK, it is Liz. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, we definitely miss you too! Skype has been great. I love that Tate wants to come over to your house:-)

    ReplyDelete