Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Relaxation Was Key

So we arrived in Minori with a chance to relax and enjoy being in Italy. It was SO nice. The town is just little and I'm pretty sure everybody who lived there is old. I love how everybody stays out late. We went for walks around the town every night and there was always something going on. There were always kids running around or riding bikes or playing "calcio" (soccer). It was so fun to see the whole town come alive. And across from our hotel there was always old people dancing in this little bar-like thing. It was so cute.

Ok, so one morning there was a little market and so we went and checked it out. There was just really cheap clothes and fresh veggies and fruit. But it was fun because the whole street was just lined with vans open full of all their stuff trying to make a buck.

One day we went took a 10 minute boat ride to Amalfi and took a tour of the cathedral there. It was really beautiful, but the best part was when most of our group left, but we decided to stay a little bit longer and we ended up in the middle of a wedding. We're sitting in the pews and then in walk some bridesmaids getting all set up for the guests to come in. So they open these huge doors to the church and all these people walk in. This man told us that we can stay, but that we had to sit in the back. So we just sat and watched the whole thing. It was cool because he was from England, so almost all of the ceremony was in English. She was from there though, so that's why they had it there. But yeah, it was a cool experience though. Definitely made me appreciate temple weddings though. I love my church :D

Here's just a lame picture of my sandals on the beach in Amalfi. Those 15 dollar sandals were one of the best purchases! They've taken me everywhere! I wore them every day in Greece and almost every day the first week of my trip. It was so dang hot in Rome! It was pretty hot in Minori and Amalfi, but nothing compared to Rome. It was miserable at some moments. But yes, I love these sandals.

And then here's just a picture of Marie and I eating yet another panini on the beach. This one was pretty good. Not the best I've had, but I liked it. She let me borrow some sunglasses because I forgot mine and the sun was kinda killing me. She's a sweetie :D I just love her.

1 comment:

  1. ok, so take 2 on buying me some sandals. have mom send you some money:-) yours look cute, some like those or how about even better- cute boots in a size 8 1/2 or 9. maybe 9 to be safe:-)

    ReplyDelete