Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oh Look! There's Another Building Destroyed By Molten Lava!

So we went to Herculaneum and Pompeii. I hadn't been to Herculaneum before so that was interesting. Apparently is was the spot for all the Richie Rich's of Italy. It was a lot smaller than Pompeii, but we don't really know how big it is because a part of the ancient city is still under the city that they built on top of it. It would be kinda weird to live there and to know that there was a destroyed city underneath you. Also, I just would not want to live there because Vesuvius is still an active volcano. So... that just doesn't seem safe. Because you know, Herculaneum was completely wiped out before. I'm sure it's fine, but still. I wouldn't like it very much. Anyway, here is Allison, Marie, and I taking a picture together. Again :D

This is Allison and I inside the Men's Bath! Ooh!! Mainly us being lame :D Lame fact is that the men's baths were bigger and more ornate than the women's baths. Which I know men ruled the world back in 79 B.C. but I just thought women would like the decoration a little bit more. Whatever.

Here's Marie and I. Mainly I just like this picture of us 2. I think we both look cute. And I just love her. So.

Here's a picture of Marie with a shirt that survived the eruption of Vesuvius. Kind of a miracle it's still in such great shape. Kept the color pretty well :D

I saw this on one of the gates. Obviously not from modern days because they spoke Latin back then, but I just really liked it.

And here's our director, Aaron and his adorable family. His wife is Marianne, his son is Christoper, his older daughter is Claire, and their 7 month old baby is Anna. Marianne is such a trooper. We call her wonder-mom because she's doing this with a brand new baby. Fortunately Anna is beautiful and quite the angel. She hardly cries (well at least that we hear) and she sleeps a lot. And they always tell us what a good baby she is. So we believe them :D But we love their family. And it's really nice to have a little family here because makes us feel closer to our families - if that makes any sense. But they're really great :D

After that, we headed to the Amalfi coast - Minori was the destination.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so for the last photo, if I had not read that this was your director, I would have guessed this photo might have been from the 70s, in a good way of course.

    ReplyDelete